George Russell speaks out

George Russell speaks out

George Russell speaks out

View Reddit by cogsworth1313View Source

uh_no_

russell does not want the renault clio cup

WezleyDrew

I think it would have been funny if bottas replied to this with just a bunch of middle finger emojis.

420gitgudorDIE

exactly George.must been funny to Bottas...like wtf this kid just hit my car and mad at me?

zyxwl2015

To me yesterday’s incident felt like Baku 2017, when one driver misunderstood what the other driver was doing and went mad based on their own (wrong) understanding. George is still young, hopefully he will learn his lesson from this

jotojusu

Spelt as bot is getting a workout in this thread.

chh2tx

He has been more hot headed than I thought he’d be. Not complaining, but do feel he’d been taking it out on Bottas as he thinks that’s his seat.I don’t envy the position Bottas has been in. After this season I’d be ready to walk from F1.

chambee

What drivers do or say in the heat of the moment I can understand. But once they are back in the garage. PR or someone needs to isolate them and cool them down so they don't make fools of themselves and ruin their career.

seattle_1989

Someone got a telling off...I wonder if this is his own writing or he was told to post this apology.Either way, glad he’s had time to cool down and reflect and hopefully learn from this experience for the future.Big fan of George but didn’t like what I saw in the aftermath of yesterday’s accident.

MHWGamer

Am I the only one who wants exactly the chaos? These moments when they act like kids are the best: Vet and Ham, Max and Danny Ric, Kevin and the Hulk..I want the CHAOS

MasterBleckieChan

George blink if Toto is holding you hostage

Will4noobs

Can’t win sometimes with reddit. We demand the drivers stop being PR robots (circa james hunt etc) but as soon as they show any emotion they are criticised. Then when they act like PR robots they are accused of being PR robots.

thevestofyou

George will be fine but the amount of people flipping on him and saying yesterday showed his "true colors" and shit need to chill the f out.Dude is still young and after yesterday it's obvious he has been *stewing* in that Williams seat. George wants to race. He needs to have battles and mistakes like this in order to gain the experience he needs to be better. Obviously he could have handled the aftermath better but he didn't and now he has to show everyone that he can learn. Everyone screws up sometimes and sometimes we act like complete jackasses, especially in our 20's, and that's without the pressure of a future top tier F1 seat on our backs.

Shot_Pin_9836

When someone fucks up and does not apologize, not even an apology.When someone fucks up and does apologize, PR.

insta__mash

He really hates Clios..

Met4lhe4d

The Real question is why was bottas in a Mercedes being overtaken by a Williams

TheWebbFather

Was always going to happen but this is standard PR recovery. I wonder if Valtteri will respond

rodrigocar98

George just didnt trust Bottas enough, they woulve made it if Goerge didnt panic.

Croatoa7Tree

This reminds me of every bland copy and paste social media apology that is thrown out in desperation nowadays. There is exactly zero personality in it, and makes me kinda cringe at the effort that was put into it.

sravankrishnan

When the media takes you up a 100 storey (no, not that guy) building, you have that many floors to fall haven't you.

PM_ME_YOUR_TATERTOT

God damn, some of you act like George reached through the TV and personally bonked you on the head. Chill out

einredditname

While i have no problems with George, i hate these "this is not who i am" excuses for anything. You did it, it's a part of you. Doesn't mean you gotta be proud of that part of you. Expecting more of yourself shows that you know that you're not like that on a day to day basis, or at the very least try to be. You know that thing you did/say should not represent you, but it is still you, it makes you whole.Pseudo-inspirational bullshit: People are like onions, they have layers.

AspectPurple

Frustration got the better of him. It happens sometimes , so long as he learns from it and it doesn't become a pattern.

GuardianToppler

Was waiting for this. Regardless of who was to blame, he uncharacteristically handled the situation terribly. I'm sure he'll learn from this.

[deleted]

[deleted]

ChicoDaEstrebaria

[Clio cup averted](https://streamable.com/f5vli5)

DweezilZA

George Russel making sure he isn't left out of Drive to Survive again

anthonymckay

Headmaster Toto gave the boy a scolding

Peace__Out

You see how smart toto is at managing things. Yesterday he slammed russell for being reckless and supported bottas as he is the priority. Now russell comes out with a statement apologizing after yesterday’s anguish. Things are even for both the drivers. Russell can prove himself again and have a shot for that merc seat. Meanwhile bottas needs to be competitive in order to keep his seat. No silly politics.

NlNJALONG

George always seemed like a genuine guy, so I have no doubt that this apology is genuine as well. Great to see him apologizing and owning his mistake.Now everyone can hopefully move on.