I felt the drivers rage watching this People who do

I felt the driver’s rage watching this. People who do this deserve a swift punch in the crotch. from IdiotsInCars

View Reddit by barrett316View Source

ShadyDomes

I drive Ryder trucks for my job and those bad boys top out at 65mph. I stay out of the left lane as much as possible tho....

aroundincircles

I was the guy on the right one time, just chilling in my uhaul in the right lane, had a dick speed match me, they were looking at their phone... anyways, I saw the back up starting to happen, I couldn't go faster, so I slowed down to hopefully give a gap between us, that cars could squeeze through, and the asshat SLOWED DOWN WITH ME! I couldn't believe it. I just got back to the speed limit and hung there and just felt bad for everybody stuck behind me...

Woodlands76

The German’s have an excellent word describing people who do this. It’s “Elefantenrennen” which in English means “elephant racing”.

HailTheCatOverlords

This would probably be one of the few times I'd call the state troopers and just stay behind the trucks and wait.See if they magically appear on an onramp as the trucks drive by side by side.

zaraloveofmylifeddhl

To bad it’s a truck rental/leasing company otherwise I’d be making a serious complaint

Crimiculus

A few years ago a nearby gravel company did this for about a week, with uncovered trucks. We could see the drivers laughing at us as gravel flew into the windshields of the cars unfortunate enough to be stuck behind them (including me). Tons of people were complaining and leaving negative reviews on the company's website, and the owner waved us off and told us where we could shove it. After a week of gravelly chaos during morning rush hour traffic, they just disappeared. Last I checked they went out of business. Good riddance!

BrutalLooper

Fuckin’ DICKS! Total fuckin’ dicks. Not only that, imagine if an ambulance or fire truck had to get through and these two assholes were doing this.

canislupus97

So why would someone do this? Ive heard of it before but never really looked into it.

Snoopys_Cousin

5 miles? Using the shoulder would be way too tempting by then.EDIT: lol at people taking this comment way too seriously.

aSchizophrenicCat

This happened to my mom and I as we were driving to see my grandpa (her dad) in hospice.. after we got the call that he wouldn’t make much longer.. For 15 minutes two trucks were like this - going 5-10mph under the speed.Every minute counted for us on the 6 hour drive to see my grandpa, so we were both pissed. After we passed them, I gave them the most satisfying middle finger or my life. A car that pulled up next to us laughed and gave the nod of approval for the finger. Hah.Luckily we were able to make it to see grandpa, but damn that was a frustrating experience on the drive down. Every minute lost just meant lost time not being with gramps in his short time left.. :/

JessieColt

Most states have a cell phone short code to the state wide traffic guys. If you are going to be driving in a state, it is well worth learning the code. For instance, in Florida it is *FHP.Rolling Roadblocks impede the flow of traffic and one or both drivers can totally be pulled over and ticketed for doing shit like this.These are rental trucks, private drivers. They can get a ticket/fine and points on their license for it.If big rigs are going this, they can get a ticket/fine, points, and get in trouble with the company they drive for.

TheGingaBread

In a situation like this where they are continuing to impede traffic like this, you can 100% call the state patrol and the drivers of these box trucks can get cited for impediment.

AZ_Gunner_69

Best way to deal with these assholes is back up so they think they “won” and they usually move out the wat

coffeeleetbr0

In Sweden it's illegal to be in the left lane unless you're gonna do a overtaking.

247emerg

this is Pennsylvania dual carriage ways for long stretches of people trying to maintain ~80mph and trucks (and people) do this all. the. time. Keeping to the right is so important

xtramundane

Watch their brake lights. They’re doing it on purpose because they’re absolute fucking garbage humans.

uniball_514

I was driving back from Ontario to Quebec a couple years ago and got stuck behind two trucks for 45-60 minutes.They absolutely didn't move for anyone. There had to be 500 cars lined up behind us.

StockCurious

We all hate this kinds of people

BauerHouse

This would trigger me for sure, probably not enough to pass on the shoulder though. That's really dangerous, particularly if the two guys really are messing around and they might run you off the road.I would probably just throw it on the adaptive cruise control and chill out until their little game ended. Honking and tail gating will just make them want to do it longer

rhysees_pieces

This is why Germany gets the autobahn and we don’t.If you’re in the left lane and you see someone coming up behind you MOVE. OUT. OF. THE. FUCKING. WAY!!!! Don’t question it for a second just fucking move. I don’t care if the speed limit is 65, you’re going 85 and someone is still coming up behind you. Fucking move. What you’re doing is WORSE than speeding and is impeding the flow of traffic!

wkkfwcqs

People do this on purpose.

Thesinistral

“LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY”

fuseblower

People have been shot and killed over a lot less than that.

Klown_Kutz

They do it deliberately just to have a little bit of control over others. And this is the only power these cretins will ever have over anyone in their entire sad pathetic lives.