I’m sure he brewed his own coffee too

Im sure he brewed his own coffee too

I’m sure he brewed his own coffee too

View Reddit by orchid_breederView Source

The_Money_Bin

He went to Harvard tho...

phreakzilla85

My dad said he’d kick my ass if I ever ended up in the steel mill like he did. Well, I’m sitting inside a steel mill right now as I type this. However, my ass remains unkicked because he passed away a few years before I started here. I like to imagine him looking down at me while shaking his fist, “you lucky son of a bitch!!”

kukkelii

The way billionaires tell this story:"When I was younger, it wasn't easy. I had to choose between food and education"

TheLeftIsNotEvrWrong

Stupid loser could've have free Oreo McFlurries 4 life. Now look at him. Not a single McFlurry

themoderatebandicoot

I can see the headlines from that alternate universe. 'McDonalds franchise sells customer data without consent'.

Lotharofthepotatoppl

“Bill Gates dropped out of college and look at him now” yeah he dropped out of *Harvard* and his parents bought him his first computer back when they cost as much as freaking helicopters. Jeff Bezos got a huge fucking loan from his wealthy family to start Amazon “in his garage.” Too many people still believe the “worked their way up from nothing” bullshit about billionaires.With that said, I’d like it better if all billionaires were more like Gates. Asking for higher taxes, funding good shit all over the world... at least trying to make a positive impact instead of just sitting around and facilitating the death of society.

jlgraham84

He did go to Harvard. That's where he created Facebook. It was used on campus.

MitchTheSlitch

Don’t think I see any “risks” ?!?!

Goodknievel

And willing to screw people over.

Jarboner69

Well he’s an android so

bailandocontigo1

But its not like his dad said create some social empire, change the world for the worse and act like you just made a pos system for an ice cream stand at the annual county fair. His interviews give off the idea that he has no idea what the hell he created.

honk_bonkers11

I wish he chose the McDonalds

010011100000

But he did go to Harvard and only dropped out when Facebook was becoming fairly successful so what is the lesson again?

RockHandsomest

I like the idea of an alternate universe where Zuckerberg is sitting in his office at a rundown mcdonalds drinking scotch from his drawer after getting an oreo Mcflurry vomited on him by a rambunctious 7 year old in the play area.

ghostmodernist34

So if he chose McDonald's - we'd have Fatbook?

zodar

also he probably skipped the avocado toast

Dambo_Unchained

Well having rich parent enabled him to take the risk because he had a safety netHowever it doesn’t take away from the fact how successful Facebook became. Lots of people have rich parent but not even 1% of those people achieved the succes he has

[deleted]

I don't think we should be hating on people with wealthy parents. They didn't choose to be born to them, and would any of us seriously abandon our parents if they were wealthy? Parents who always offer financial support and are trying to make our lives easier?I get that the main issue is these people claiming they worked their way up from nothing, but it seems like a lot of people hate them just because their parents were successful.