In some ways, we do have the ability to bring people back from the dead.

In some ways we do have the ability to bring

In some ways, we do have the ability to bring people back from the dead.

In some ways, we do have the ability to bring people back from the dead. from nextfuckinglevel

View Reddit by NOAA_throwawayView Source

Kaleolani_

Next level emotional torture...

v6_6v

This is gross.I hate that she filmed itI really hate that she shared it.It’s all so manipulative

Magister1995

Idk I'm kind of conflicted to do this to an old timer.On one hand it definitely brings back really good memories and help you remember a lost loved one.At the same time this causes evermore loneliness, guilt, and emotional trauma.

dewayneestes

This thing is super creepy. I did it with dead relatives and while it’s interesting to see them moving the personality is definitely not theirs at all. It doesn’t really feel like they’ve come back to life as much as they’ve been possessed.

Pitch-Infinite

Dead pets are already being brought back via cloning. The tech is already there.

closetteer

I'm pretty sure this is the plot of a Black Mirror episode

OmegaOverlords

It's a picture. It's not her, she's not "alive" and it's not like she's there with them.It's interesting and evocative, sure, but it's nothing more than that.Can't imagine how people will anthropomorphize AI simulations when they arrive in the coming years.Don't like it, that she recorded him and his reaction. That's gross. The man isn't a child FFS.

Naturenymph812

This seems cruel ... glad he enjoyed it though.Not really sure I’d want this to be given to me without warning tbh. I’d be a bit upset

johnjr84

I second the emotional torture post. The clout and karma farming over elderly despair and hopelessness is crap. Exhibit the technology, keep the cameras off the subjects experiencing pain over missing loved ones ffs.

gennnnuhhhhtulls

Old folks are to be cherished. Wish I could have done this for my grandpa before he passed. He talked about my grandma everyday and they was married for 58 years

taigitomas1

Why is it necessary to document and share all these intimate and painful moments?

W33DMEN5000

I hope to spend anywhere close to 75 years with the love of my life.

Ztuff2do

What's up with that keyboard?

zhesnault

Can’t help but shed a tear watching this. Thank you for sharing!

insomnia98

Everyone in this thread calling it emotional abuse or anything like it has lost touch with reality or hasn’t lost a loved one. This is heartwarming. We shouldn’t forget the ones we loved and this tech isn’t creating new memories of the deceased person. How could you not cherish a moving picture if there is barely any or no video material of that person. Y’all are blind and ignorant.

groovygranny71

My niece did this to my Mums photo. It was a very emotional moment when I saw it. I absolutely love it and watch it often. Though a couple of my friends have found it a little creepy!

kiwiparadiseforever

Solid nope and also a big why? What do you gain from creating a fake moment of an actual person that is missed so very much. My dad wouldn’t want his photos or videos to become this ‘experience’ for my still living mum. Her memory of him is her own - her love of him isn’t something anything can replicate or mimic- his laugh is hers to herself, his smile is unique to the moment that made him smile. This moment/tech is neither. Memories are real - they fade and change and are human - this is nothing like a memory and terribly fake and cruel. I would never throw this tech into my mothers life - her own memories of my dad are not mine to mess with. My dad wouldn’t want me to either.

GS-441524

Down voted this shit...

thenameisrivs

i think this should be more in r/blackmirror than in next fucking level

jondonwanton

I don't really understand how it's cruel. Surely It's just the same as watching a video you took of someone after they've died? Except that old dude probably doesn't have that option so they found the next best thing.

Anonymous_0469

This tech will be a plot in a horror movie if it isn’t already.

Bobross69-69

You can do that to old people man.....

TGS_delimiter

I have a weird drop in my eye

MKUltraVioletlight

This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this. Love transcends space, time, and what we think we lose in death. This man’s love is so beautiful.

MartinBalerio

Just amazing!

BirdieBronze

Wait, why are people finding this cruel?

MiruRandom

It is just a "live photograph". It reminds me at the ones in Harry Potter lol. Why so much drama omg

trixon221

I don't get it why people think it is bad? I mean, we already have videos with our loved ones that we will be able to watch if they die so how is making pictures (that are basically 1 frame of a video) move is worse than a video?Just asking

OnlyStRikER

False hope... Never do it again. Not wholesome

Calm_down_Karen_

I’m sorry that so many people here must have too much trauma from their families to want to remember their relatives, but coming from a loving family, I can tell you that this would have made my grandmother’s heart melt just as much as that old guy if she had seen an old picture come to life of my grandfather back from when he was young. Those two obviously loved each other very much, and seeing her face move around and blink will make you remember more about them than just looking at a still photo, hence the all the emotions in the air. I’m glad someone created this software. Sadly, my grandmother isn’t around anymore either, so I can’t show this to her, but RIP gram and gramps I love you both very much.

chelseanyc200

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7PtcOLJDco](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7PtcOLJDco)

snezzyanus1

holy smokes!

bandit-sector

Take my goddam upvote amd tears

s1ckmad3

I'm a need a re-feel frfr