Indianapolis FedEx shooting suspect was part of My Little Pony subculture of ‘bronies’: Report

Indianapolis FedEx shooting suspect was part of My Little Pony

View Reddit by _speep_View Source

Spectacles_1170

I’m worried there are gonna be reports on national news explaining what bronies are now

The19thcircle

"There was a post timestamped less than an hour before the shooting that read, 'I hope that I can be with Applejack in the afterlife, my life has no meaning without her,' and it featured an image of the cartoon pony Applejack."

yellingatcloudsguy

Every single thing about this is just depressing.

Electrical-Cover-499

That's not spreading the magic of friendship

Varahdin

Yet another tragedy that had been red flagged by his own family. The authorities reviewed and obviously came to the wrong conclusion. Lives could have been saved if mental health was taken seriously. We're dropping the ball on those suffering mental illness. This is the result.

zstandig

Those are still a thing?

lasagna_for_life

The first time I heard of bronies was on *Bob’s Burgers,* and I genuinely thought that the show made them up.

---TheFierceDeity---

Subcultures and minority identity groups are the primary targets of extremist groomers because they contain higher concentrations of emotionally vulnerable people with whom they can manipulate to their own nefarious ends.It's how you see weird fking combinations like Nazi-Furries. They're some kid who probably has a rough life or is treated badly for their hobbies/identity, then some scumbag comes along and pretends to be their friend, while slipping pieces of their ideology to them. Giving them someone to "blame" for their lot in life.

Bent_Brewer

> "Brony online culture has displayed elements of far-right and white nationalist extremism," an internal memo from Facebook read, the *Wall Street Journal* reported.​Wait, what? When the hell did this happen? I thought Friendship Was Magic and shit.

BelieveInRollins

2021 is so wild you just can’t make this shit up

Onionringsamsquatch

Oh god is this the moment that my parents find out what bronies are. It was weird enough hearing them starting saying ‘incels’

SeSuSo

Are they going to start using My Little Pony as a scapegoat like they did video games?

ShakeForProtein

Look, as much as the MLP thing is just weird to me, I hardly think it's remotely relevant when it comes to the idea of shooting a bunch of people. Much like video games, My Little Pony does not make you shoot people.

Pokonic

I'm surprised no one here knows about the stupidest book of all time, [My Nationalist Pony](https://bookshop.org/books/my-nationalist-pony/9781940933917).

razzi123

Of course they are going to blame a slightly subversive culture of furries/bronies, on some extremist shit This dude was just super fucked.

penelope_reddit

Article: The shooter suggested Jesus was reincarnated as Adolf Hitler and said his life had no meaning without Applejack the cartoon ponyReddit: Clearly the red flag here is being a brony

stoli80pr

This is just shitting on those who are unpopular. No one believes that there's some kind of domestic terror threat coming from Bronies.

HamClamper

I died laughing, resurrected (because I'm holey), and died again due to the "Brony culture has ties to far right extremism and white supremacy" lolololol

crew88

For those that know the show or that have seen some of these bronies irl, know that these teens are usually hurting or stunted emotionally for a reason. It is not surprising he was a fan of something incredibly wholesome to balance out this side and suicidal side of him. It probably made life even more difficult...

Master_of__None

One of the douchiest bars in my hometown is named Broneys. Wrong spelling, but it still makes me chuckle.

PenguinNinjaCat

I forgot Bronies were a thing.

Th0r1337

Incels are the new ISIS!!

JaeCryme

I was waiting for the media to blame this on violent video games or shows, but I was not prepared for this plot twist.

dennismfrancisart

I'm going to put it out there again. We need to scrap the idea that we are doing just fine without universal healthcare. We need everyone in this country to have access to mental health and even more important, we need to remove the stigma, the shame and false pride associated with handling mental disorder.

chrisplusplus

MLP posting will get you banned on almost every single board on 4chan except /mlp/ . 4chan mods had to quarantine them to their own board and threaten perma bans to keep it contained. That's how toxic they are.