NJ Student Accepted Into 5 Ivy League Schools.

NJ Student Accepted Into 5 Ivy League Schools

NJ Student Accepted Into 5 Ivy League Schools.

View Reddit by TerrenJamalView Source

profJesusfish

yeah well I got rejected twice from the University of Wisconsin and I only applied once

AdevilSboyU

My high school valedictorian was once rejected by Arizona State University.For those who don’t know, all you usually need to get into ASU is a pulse and a tuition check.

lookssharp

I was accepted to 4 different community colleges so me and him are kind of the same. 😬

i_swear_too_muchffs

“I did my college essay on decapitated cow heads, which I know sounds crazy”...umm wtf? Whatever works I guess. I mean it certainly worked for him. [source](https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/bergen/fair-lawn/2021/04/18/fair-lawn-high-school-student-accepted-harvard-princeton-yale/7237884002/)

4toTwenty

This kid is from my home town!!!! And that’s hella cool!!! All i got from that town was a heroin addiction. Super proud of this dude.

WhatACunningHam

Don't sleep on Cornell. He could be the next Andy Bernard.

ProudDudeistPriest

Very impressive. It probably cost him the same amount to apply to all of those schools as it did for his grampa to go to college.

blaine724

The college admissions scandal on Netflix tapped into something really interesting. We've fetishized the admission to the same dozen or so schools that so many students feel that's where they NEED to go and 97% are devastated when they don't get in.

onishi87

Yeah but can he lick his elbows? Thought so

boink_that

When did Champion become the PBR of fashion brands!?

hdcook123

I remember my class had this kid who eventually graduated with the class ahead of us. He was so smart. Just crazy. Quiet. Focused. Just beyond genius in math and physics. Applied to MIT and was rejected. I wonder what it actually takes to be accepted into those places

Infernalism

Did a little research on this.Home dude is named Oluwatamilore "Tami" Kabiawu and he wasn't accepted to 5 colleges.He was accepted to 17 colleges, and of those were 5 Ivy League colleges.He managed a 4.61 GPA. He's been varsity track for all 4 years of high school. He's president of both the Future Business Leaders of America and the National Honor Society.The Ivy League colleges are Yale, Cornell, Colombia, Princeton and Harvard. Unsurprisingly, he's leaning toward Harvard.He plans to work in AI and Augmented Reality, which is a subject that I didn't even know existed until I read up on this prodigy.

Ba_Sing_Saint

I applied for community college once.

youraverageslytherin

A bit of advice for any ivy league hopefuls: I had the same stats as this guy, with a ton of community service leadership and I was deferred. If you're not a legacy, your best bet is athletics (I did not have this). This is not to delegitimize the accomplishments of this guy! Just saying that ivy admissions are complicated and don't determine your academic ability. Good luck to future applicants!

Brawrbarian

It’s a nice accomplishment - but aren’t there many top students who get multiple admits each year? If someone is good enough for a handful of the top schools - wouldn’t they be good enough for basically any school?

BaldHank

In not overly familiar with the college acceptance process.Couldnt someone able to get in a very top tier school get accepted to almost all other schools?

Responsible_Pin_5494

PSA to be proud of yourself if you didn't get into an 'Ivy League' school, or if you are going to to a community college before transferring, or if you are choosing to not go to school at all! All wonderful paths which DO NOT define your worth as a person.

Dante-Fiero

How on Earth is he going to attend five schools at once?

phu-kyoo

Would be more impressive if he was Asian tho

[deleted]