Regulators Urge Peloton Tread+ Owners to Stop Using Treadmill ‘Immediately,’ and Peloton Is Pissed

Regulators Urge Peloton Tread Owners to Stop Using Treadmill Immediately

View Reddit by speckzView Source

dinominant

The treadmill appeared to stop to 0 RPM then struggle and resume. I stopped watching at that point. If for whatever reason the treadmill radically slows or stops to 0 RPM then that means it is bound up on something. It should fault, release the motor torque, and refuse to restart until it has been power cycled. An active user would not cause such massive changes in RPM.

rboymtj

Can I still hang my laundry on it? That's all I've used my treadmill for in years.

joemad1642

Saw a news report where it showed security cam footage of a kid getting pulled under this treadmill. It was freaky. The problem is the bottom of the treadmill isnt covered.

purduephotog

The bottom of this treadmill is open. The belt is free. There's a damn good reason to keep the transition edge between the belt and the roller covered, and then enclose the bottom in plastic so that the belt is covered.Exposed belting is incredibly dangerous.​I honestly can't understand how this got past safety reviews.

CheapCulture

Now we know why that woman was so terrified in the ads.

TheGreatBwaBwa

"All objects, including other exercise equipment, should be kept a safe distance away from the treadmill as well."This made me think of treadmill will being ostracized by the other gym equipment lol

temporalwanderer

For real though, the conveyor at the grocery store doesn't have this problem... covering the curved part of both ends of the tread area seems like a pretty simple solution...

DroneCone

Holy fucking shit do not watch the video gizmodo posted in the report

phenolic72

I have a Pro-Form Trainer 10.0, and I don't think it has anything either. Anyone know why this would not have been recalled? The belt is exposed on the bottom and at the end of the Treadmill. [Here is a pic](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0231/4751/1886/products/imageService_d7641dc0-e196-411f-8cc5-3bf847db6308_700x700.jpg?v=1571718683)

FlowerMonkeyButt

There’s not a safety plate at the bottom, like every other treadmill. They need to recall them clearly

ftwin

Tbh how peloton is handling this story is really fucked up. Like they are just saying fuck it and not caring at all just because they’re popularity is at an all time high. They’re literally lobbying against the investigation into this.

girlwhogamess

As someone who’s finger got chopped off in an open exercise bike chain when I was 6 years old (it was an older bike and I was a stupid child), I fully understand why this rule is a thing. How in 2021 this is allowed is beyond me. A child DIED from it. They need to fix this issue.

wacklamore

Why would a $3K treadmill not have a cover underneath?

w1n5t0nM1k3y

Keep out of reach of children and pets.

FatFreddysCoat

It’s such on obvious safety flaw but I suspect for cost, but mainly aesthetic, reasons they left the rear guard off.Their logic of “we don’t need to do anything, just follow the instructions” is bullshit too: in that case, let’s stop fitting cars without seat belts and just issue instructions to drive carefully and not hit anybody. Problem solved.

Kell_Varnson

somebody wanted that stock to drop

notparistexas

This thing costs $5,000 and it's this poorly designed?