SLPT: How to succeed in life

SLPT How to succeed in life

SLPT: How to succeed in life

View Reddit by Opheliax420View Source

RamboGoesMeow

Hulu with ads? What am I, homeless?! Pashaw!

LazarYeetMeta

Better pro tip: use pirating websites for your entertainment instead of paying for it.

IndianaGeoff

You know. If you save you can pay for your kid's college. Then they can save for their kid's.Your house is on your own.

littlepilgrims

You forgot "Wear last year's fashions." Simple!

biochemthisd

Step 1) borrow 150k. Step 2) profit.

teastain

When I was a young man in the 60s, I only had 6$ to my name.I bought a house and a car and raised a family.The rest I put towards retirement.(I used the 6$ to get a haircut and buy a nice shirt.)

DJFlorez

This is about right.

drewadams5812

Jokes on my kids, I’ve already maxed out all of their credit cards!

CoronaGuard

Truly a self made man,did father gave you a small loan maybe ? Some Milion dollars ?

Rizenstrom

Honestly so many people act "self made" but stayed at home or had parents supporting them in some way until after college. If you get thrown out at 18 and have to work full time and struggle to surviv going back to school is incredibly difficult. Rent alone can take up like half your income after taxes if you want to live in a decent area.

ghostofbednarik

Sounds like one of my former friends:“The economy collapsed in 2007/2008 because poor people bought big screen TVs!”His dad literally commit tax fraud by purchasing his house for him and his wife and writing it off as a business property.

cljames93

I have busted my butt for years to earn and invest more to eventually have nice things. I have a pretty nice house, retirement accounts filled up well beyond most of my peers, a successful day job and growing side businesses, but knuckleheads with "daddy's money" still have $80,000 trucks and are given down payments for their houses. Some of them even bought bitcoin while they were high, so they still have more money than I do. I find a little solace knowing that they're immature, and will probably lose everything is a messy divorce.

shayes7826

They had me in the first half, I’m not gonna lie

RobbertAPD

I read Hulu with aids...

Sariel007

Not gonna lie, he had me in the first half.

DoctrineOfHunter

Me: *saves money by making coffee at home*Also me: *spends saved money on weed and weed smoke accessories*

BookkeeperCritical20

Yah it’s definitely a great investment to go 150k in debt straight out of high school and than ask for forgiveness 😴😴😴

MainDepth

i mean most of the tips are helpful

wallstreetbet1

Go to a top school, do shit all. Defer loans for 2 years and travel abroad. When interviewing say you needed to discover yourself and you worked too hard in college, but didn’t feel like you generated any significant social skills. While traveling, you met people from other cultures. Odds are no one will ask for your transcripts. Profit

MovingForward-107

You can't compare between generation, buying a house is much harder, the prices are only going up, but the salary remains the same.

Padded_Puddles

I know I have NO BUSINESS lecturing people on managing their finances.Mommy and daddy paid like three quarters of my tuition, on top of a $300/month stipend for booze and weed and McDonald’s. And then my grandfather paid off my loans even more.Now I’m making $25 an hour at a job I got because I interned at both of my dad’s companies and got experience early without having to prove myself. I’m still on my parent’s health insurance and phone plan.On the surface I look like a driven, competent, hard working guy who made something out of himself. My parent’s money did about 80% of the work.

Unknown_Stonefruit

$400k? That won’t even buy you a garage in Canada

bella_boo2020

Not everyone has a dad or mom that can pay for their college. Or lives in a bigger city that has buses.

ruefulquixote

I see a lot of posts like this and they are somewhat true, some people have advantages that others don't. However the fact is that there are also plenty of examples like myself who did start with almost nothing, poor and raised by a single mother. Through a combination of long term thinking, being frugal, picking a good paying career (engineering) and yes some luck - I paid of all my student loans, own a nice house and am able to take care of a family. Don't believe that you are powerless to change your life for the better.

julesbirdman88

All these pesky millennials whining, I bet they all own microwaves and mobile phones! Get rid of the luxuries and you can save dozens of dollars a year.

JpM8x

Year 2021 Plumber - close to $60k start. Electrician- same at start. Welder -same. Framer- same. BA in modern art - $150K in student debt. We need more people in the trades!