The attention to character consistency is pretty impressive (FATWS/Civil War)

The attention to character consistency is pretty impressive FATWSCivil War

The attention to character consistency is pretty impressive (FATWS/Civil War)

View Reddit by UndedDisfunctionView Source

Soothsayerjr

Zemo is written and acted so well it’s ridiculous

ajax2307

Bruhl crushed it. What a great addition to the MCU this guy has been. Marvel’s casting may be its most powerful secret weapon.

Sideways_8

Can someone explain to me why Zemo didn’t (want to) kill Bucky even though he was also a super soldier ????? Or am I missing something

Juppness

Regarding Steve, I don’t think Zemo is being derogatory to Steve here. In FATWS, Zemo acknowledges that Steve is basically the only person that’d he entrust the Supersoldier Serum to have.

albene

Head tilt moments synced up too!

MaestroPendejo

I honestly feel like (and this will sound utterly horrible) if Covid-19 was a benefit for Disney it let a long enough break happen from Endgame to give people the distance from the first phase of Marvel movies. I miss Cap, but Sam has been one of my favorites in general, and it is nice to see him elevating himself. No one is doing it for him.These shows are incredible in that they remind you of what was, but more importantly, how things are going to be.This show in particular has setup some of the best "villains" that Marvel has produced. I keep nodding I'm agreement with Zero AND Karli. Like, I completely understand where both are coming from, and they aren't all right or wrong, it's complicated.

Stewylouis

Dude this guy is one of marvels best live action villains and he didn’t even need a suit or powers. Mf was 5x better and more menacing than Hela, whiplash, Killian, and Kaecilius *combined*. That’s what you call great casting. I do wish we got to see more of him in the mask though.

YoBuckStopsHere

Before the MCU people believed that Marvel had great Good Guys and uninteresting and boring Villains. D.C. had the best Villains but the Good Guys were lacking.Today Marvel has well thought out Villains who are extremely interesting and believable. At the same time the Good Guys show their flaws, having deep character development and have proven to sacrifice their lives when necessary.

MikeAllen646

Zemo talks the talk and walks the walk. He is consistently written and performed. Mad credit to Bruhl and the writers.His dark path started when his family was killed in Age of Ultron. He came to the conclusion that super-powered beings were a threat to humanity, so he took it upon himself to expose that threat and eliminate it where it could.When innocents are killed due to his actions, he is perfectly willing to pay for those crimes. He was willing to die for his crimes, but King T'Challa chose the path of forgiveness instead of vengeance and saved Zemo's life.SPOILER: >!He even patiently waited for Bucky to either kill him or arrest him at the Sovokia memorial. !<And when Zemo's wrong, he is perfectly willing to concede the point. He admits that Steve is the exception to the rule, "*Superior ability breeds superior ambition." -Spock.*In the case of Bucky, either:* Bucky is also the rare exception to the rule and it's obvious Bucky is a good man * Zemo realizes that Bucky is a victim, as he never chose to be a super soldier * Zemo feels guilty for using Bucky as a tool and framing him * Likely a combination of all theseWe'll see what happens to Zemo. He is too good a character to keep locked away.

_captain-rex_

Zemo is now my Turkish delights Daddy

qball-who

They’ve done a great job of blurring lines of villain and here this series. Especially between Zemo and Walker

incredible_penguin11

I just loved this guy. Tbh I was on his side in CA:CW and even now. The scene with him and Bucky in the end was amazing.He was ready to take his shot head on. No shame, no fear. Also his acknowledgement that Bucky too was an exception to the supersoldiers do not deserve to live motto.Him taking off his name of the list, to let Bucky off from a little bit of guilt.Little nuances. His whole mannerism, the way he looks around and of course the comic timing and the dance.The part where he said he knows none of the avengers bothered to visit the memorial. So good.

VeryLowIQIndividual

I’ve come to realize nothing goes unnoticed by Zemo. He is as attentive as a Nazi SS officer. Much like the character he played in Inglorious bastards. Just because he doesn’t say anything doesn’t mean he didn’t notice it

alphaonrdt

I never understood what he meant by "I see a bit of green in the blue of your eyes", and I still don't

Alisonshine

I’ve always hated that line from Civil War! As someone who has a little bit of green in my blue eyes, I never thought of it as a flaw. :(