The boundary between Scottsdale, Arizona and the Salt River Indian Reservation

The boundary between Scottsdale Arizona and the Salt River Indian

The boundary between Scottsdale, Arizona and the Salt River Indian Reservation

View Reddit by FeiruzzView Source

Deemaunik

And the Scottsdale properties near the edge probably cost more because of their wonderful view.

HowMuchWan

I am Australian so I am ignorant of rules and regs when it comes to Indian Reservations.Say you are a home owner in Scottsdale, are you allowed to go across onto the Reservation? For example, walks, bike rides, camping etc.Without understanding them I have always likened them to Australian National park (except owned by the Indian people rather than gov), where you can access the land for recreation activities like those above but must not damage, harm or remove flora and fauna.

RespectMyAuthoriteh

Where's the entrance/exit for the group of homes in the lower left?

Bike_DMC

I know we like to joke around here at the track but now it’s time to talk about something serious, I got chased by a pack of wild ravenous dogs while biking on that reservation.

BowlingForPosole

Oh hey Jan's sister is in Scottsdale

milleribsen

That subdivision is a nightmare in terms of access for people. God forbid you have to walk anywhere, the street pattern means you'd end up walking ten miles to travel one

LusterPurge01

Looking down at suburban homes like this makes me feel weird. Idk how to describe it but it kinda spooky how everyone is the same

SamBellFromSarang

Cities Skylines

Jhwelsh

It is so ****ing hot down there, I don't know how they do it...

littlebear_blackfoot

Damn. Scottsdale looks like they use a shit ton of water.

frostkaiser

Can anyone explain to me how this place is still going to be viable as a human settlement in 50-100 years?

GuyOnABuffalooo

Take this picture along the other scottsdale border and you'll see farmland, a baseball field, an aquarium (and butterfly garden), golf courses, and community college.This slice of the valley could hardly be used by anyone. People will interpret this as some rich v poor imagery but it's just a well framed picture is all.It's taken right around (33.566816,-111.823233) if anyone wants to take a look for themselves instead of just going crazy over a picture.

HerbertGoon

I lived right next to a boundary like that in Henderson Nevada, between the desert and the town was a long reservoir. Used to go hiking way out in the desert and find all kinds of wildlife and cool looking rocks. Now its all houses up to the mountains.

Callasfan

What kind of hell is that?

BiggustB

/r/urbanhellUnsustainable, plastic, copy-paste neighbourhoods, not a fan.