Who’d have thought Brexit would mean less trade with the UK?

Whod have thought Brexit would mean less trade with the

Who’d have thought Brexit would mean less trade with the UK?

View Reddit by bettinafairchildView Source

dazedan_confused

Isn't that, basic economics? Leave a big club where there's unrestricted trade within the club, and you'll have to pay to trade with the club?

Getupxkid

Why would you even need to be told that things would be taxed? That's always how it's been with foreign entities. You voted to leave. You are now a foreign entity. That's what you voted for.

AnApexPredator

"I thought that if we left the European Union it would mean we stopped getting immigrants from all those brown-skinned countries. What do you mean most European immigrants aren't brown!? And what are all these other changes!?"Idiots, the lot of them. It would honestly be hilarious if their xenophobia and racism didn't affect the country at large.

letdogsvote

But for a brief shining moment they sure owned the libs.

monkeybananarocket

Brits vote to leave the EU in the morning. Then start googling what the EU is in the afternoon.

PauseAndReflect

As an American in continental Europe for the last 10 years, I’ll say this: I used to order tons and tons of things from the UK, mostly out of convenience and familiarity of English.I forgot all about the new laws coming into play this year and I ordered something from the UK in March, and it got stuck in customs for over a week. I didn’t have to pay for it, but it was such an insane inconvenience, plus I now have to give the shipper my fiscal code and all that to get my package out of customs. So like...I’m now looking at German and Northern European companies to get the same products out to me here in Southern Europe.I’m not gonna rub it in because I know so many brits here didn’t want Brexit and I feel for you guys (especially since in America we had our own run of nonsense), but I will say that I’m concerned that it’s affected even the way I shop now...and I know I won’t be the only one.I’m sorry guys :(Edit: some people are suggesting this is a covid problem. It’s not. I’ve lived in the EU for a decade. It’s Brexit. Simply look at any major retailer’s website right now when it comes to UK shipping. Enough said.

ogrickysmiley47

They sound like the no maskers here in Texas. Yes,the governor (idiot) lifted the mask mandate,but said it was up to the businesses if they wanted people to still wear masks in them. They didn't listen to the last part. Remember read,well listen to the fine print.

seriousbangs

If they're a right winger and UK media is anything like US media then no, nobody said this to them.In America we have an entire right wing media apparatus, and it's not only possible it's likely you're only getting news from them. As a result we've got about 70 million people completely divorced from reality.

Infernalism

I've had Brexiters try to claim that British trade is going UP and that they'll end up with way more trade than they lose.

slugo17

Did they really think they would keep the benefits of the EU with none of the responsibility? They were actually convinced of that?

AtheistBibleScholar

I'm in the USA, but Brexit seems to be a majority of voters thinking their entire country can pull some sovereign citizen BS with the EU.

greywolf_18

here is the audio of the call[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpjh_WidWL0](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpjh_WidWL0)

stalinmalone68

You choose to believe the most horribly shitty humans walking the earth and did zero research on the details for yourself. Being gullible, stupid and lazy will cost you every time.

ringobob

The people you've chosen to trust lied to you. The people you've chosen to believe are liars told you the truth. You'll learn nothing from this, and continue to believe the people that lied to you, and continue to not believe the people that told you the truth.

BEANSijustloveBEANS

But think of the positives! Now £350M a week can go to the NHS!

DylanCO

Serious question, what is the likelihood the UK rejoins the EU?

fantastic_feb

it infuriates me that we warned them and they shouted that we were scaremongering... now they want our sympathy for bringing this on us? bunch of cunts.

skjellyfetti

Leavers easily proved that Russian manipulation, Cambridge Analytica and toxic social media was more than enough to sway the vote....*And then Donald John Trump entered the chat*...

leonsugarfoot

Every single time this happens, I say the same thing: Brexit was the most catastrophic non-war related blunder made by a country in modern history.

one_who_asks

Why would you be against globalization when your business model relies on it?

AvengerMKII

I'd call in just to shitalk the previous caller for being an idiot and not understanding what the EU was about.

BreachyJoe

If you voted leave, you can suck both inches of my dick, you blind fucks

HashtagH

Do any of those people know what 'customs union' means?

Disastrous-Smell-636

Honestly. It’s great knowing there are large blocks of stupid people in most countries bringing the rest of us down. Really makes me want to start weighted voting.

Penelope_Traiter

Enough. Enough already. Enough of pretending that the morons who voted for self harm deserve anything more than contempt and derision. Let their businesses fail. Let them lose their houses. Let them come crawling back on their feckin knees, begging forgiveness and asking smart people to make decisions for them in future because their dumb brains aren't up to it. Enough of pretending. Enough of the faux sympathy. We remember the gloating, arseholes. We remember the taunting of people whose lives you ruined because you were too stupid not to be led by the nose like the farm animals you are. Suffer. Suffer more. Suffer until some humility overcomes you and then we'll talk. Maybe. Until then? Get stuffed.

foxmulder2014

Reminds of a Clash song. Something about England​Goodbye, PiccadillyFarewell, Leicester SquareThe streets were now desertedThe gangs had trudged off homeThe lights clicked out in the bedsitsOld England was all alone