[Wojnarowski] ESPN Sources: The NBA has instructed teams to be vigilant about the impact of a verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial for the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis this week, including the possibility of game postponements:

Wojnarowski ESPN Sources The NBA has instructed teams to be

View Reddit by horseshoeoverlookView Source

urfaselol

anyone following the trial got any idea how the verdict is gonna go?

FBZOMBiES

People are wrongly focusing on guilty vs. not guilty. The public has been primed to expect a murder conviction, which isn’t going to happen.Even if he gets found guilty of manslaughter, there’s still going to be riots because he “got off easy” and wasn’t convicted of murder.

unccthrowaway__

There’s going to be riots either way. I look at this more like a safety situation than a “protest”. NBA knows it’s going to be crazy and is going to be precautionary to keep its fans and players safe. Okay in my book.

edgarpc

Portland is about to get fucked up again 😔

WeWon17GoingOn18

If he's not convicted of either of the murder charges there is going to be some justifiable anger in the streets.

Yergason

If this mf walks free or gets a slap on the wrist, shit's gonna go down

DrBokbagok

*sort by controversial*aw yee that’s the good drama

theblexican

If he gets manslaughter, I'll be happy.

Netwealth5

Why do I have a feeling he’s gonna get convicted but everybody has worked themselves into believing he won’t that we’re just gonna get the chaos anyways

swrowe7804

When people protested peacefully a few years ago by kneeling people bitched. So now they're riots and those same people that were bitching about peaceful protests are now saying they should protest peacefully. That's all I'm saying.

Lurker5719263845

If Chauvin ends up getting acquitted, the NBA will be the least of our problems

Milchreis23

Sorry if this is stupid:European here, I don't entirely understand the headline. It reads to me like the NBA teams are supposed to get outraged if Chauvin is not found guilty?Edit: Had two replies already and both were deleted. From what I could read it was that the NBA warns teams that there could be public freakouts which could lead to game postponements?

Zsporter

Why do I have a feeling that this won't end well

gocavs7

The league cant be cancelling games everytime something bad happens

Soren_Camus1905

There will be riots either way

_Cowboys_

They all ready have playbooks. I used to work at a major retailer anf they all have contingency plans for every outcome.

j1h15233

Regardless of the outcome, I just hope there’s no destruction or loss of life again.

slightly_goated

There will be riots. No matter what. Unless he is convicted of murder which seems unlikely. Prosecutors overcharged and are going to face the fire for that. If I had to bet it would be maximum penalty for manslaughter. People will say he got off easy though and riot

ForceMaster999

Riots incoming

SideOfHashBrowns

What a shameful thread lmao so much tacit endorsement of violence and property destruction against people that have nothing to do with this.

djcomplain

looting incoming whatever the verdict anyways

Opst3r

Gotta love how the league is putting the faith of playing games in the hands of the jury...Also gotta love the people who think rioting and burning shit will bring people on your side lol, how delusional can you possibly be?I feel bad for the jury, knowing that if they don't make """""the right call""""" then a whole lotta shit will go down.

indian_hannibal

here we go

Fagatha_Christie

Aka be ready to call riots peaceful

Labull416

Quick everyone get ready to get some free TVs

unlucki67

People are gonna be mad even he gets convicted of manslaughter because “he got off easy.” I wish people were more well versed in the legal definitions of murder, assault, etc. A prosecutor cannot prove any intent whatsoever in this case, murder is off the table.

darealrobertmcd

The state of the league is a mess. We are seriously talking about the league being suspended if they don't agree with a ruling from a jury. So now 12 people decide if the NBA season will resume or be suspended. Actually I take that back, it only takes ONE person for a hung jury. Would have been unthinkable under the David Stern era and yes there was a huge controversial trial under his tenure, the Trayvon Martin trial.I love watching the NBA but I am very concerned about the trajectory of where this league is headed under Adam Silver. I mean you all can continue to be condescending to the crowd who say they watch less sports because of Woke politics being incorporated with the league but when the NBA (76ers vs Nets on ESPN) is losing the head to head TV ratings matchup to ALL ELITE WRESTLING that's when you need to take really stop and think.

Smokahontas1864

“...and don’t forget, fuck them uighurs.”- the NBA’s idea of “social justice” lol. “Of course ALL lives matter! ...but we only care about black people right now.”

samdc1985

Game postponements, no one want to go see the timberwolves play anyway

Treeribs

If you are threatening to burn down cities and riot, you are a terrorist. END OF STORY